Monday, June 28, 2010

Intro to the Blog

I am attending the Canadian School of Peacebuilding (CSOP) at the Canadian Mennonite University (CMU). CSOP is a 3 week program featuring courses that each run for a week. I am here for the last week of CSOP (June 28-July 2) and am taking "International Perspectives on Restorative Justice." The course is taught by Howard Zehr who essentially wrote the book on Restorative Justice or RJ.

This blog is entitled Mindy On RJ because I hope to continue this experience in Canada. I already volunteer with CU RJ or the Restorative Justice Program at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

I also traveled to South Africa in May 2009 with the Norlin Scholars from CU and learned about Reconciliation and Diversity. I am finding that international experiences make learning about this subject easier. Also, I am constantly searching to apply these thoughts to my local community.

I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to ask questions of me and yourselves about how we view justice in our lives, communities, country and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment